Monday, September 16, 2013

Three In - Art comes Out - Vancouver, BC

"More of Me Comes Out When I Improvise"
-Edward Hopper

It's been 3 weeks since I planted my feet in Vancouver, which means the artwork created during the Between the Points Project is just about ready to ship out to the individuals involved.  It has been a rewarding experience and process being with these artworks for this long, and reflecting over the journey - the colors, textures, temperatures, interactions, etc.


I suppose, much like any trip, it is normal look back at the images created or the souvenirs procured during that time.  I've realized, however, that this journey and these experiences resonate within me without needing to refer back to a specific image.  Colors I didn't typically gravitate towards in my painting suddenly seem common on my painter's palette.




Images and motifs seem to seep their way into the artworks, almost without my conscious action.  When I look at the artwork after the fact, I feel the memory of that moment, of that place, come charging back to the forefront of my mind.




Nature, and natural elements and colors, have found there way into the artworks in direct and indirect ways.





Moments are still playing themselves over and over in my mind, as if I were there - feeling the feelings, hearing the sounds, seeing the sights,



holding that connection between the body and the earth.



As I finalize the last envelopes before sending the artworks out to those individuals involved, I feel it necessary to say
Thank you.
Thank you to Artist's Mediums of Williston Vermont for donating art supplies to the project.
Thank you to Black Horse Fine Art Supply for donating art supplies to the project.
Thank you to Desillusion Magazine for donating magazines to use as supplies for the project.
Thank you to you for this opportunity and being a part of its creation.


I will announce by the end of the week when the work has been sent out.  I would suspect it will take no more than two weeks to reach each of you.

I hope you enjoy the work.
I hope you keep in touch with the artwork inspired by the journey after the fact at:
www.jessagilbert.com
and
faeebook.com/jessagilbertstudios
or directly

It has been my pleasure.


Jessa Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment