Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 3 - Knoxville and Nashville

Ten - nes - see

Agriculture and Commerce is the motto for the state of Tennessee... That description seems to fall a bit short.  Spent the morning in Knoxville where I learned what the expression "sheets of rain" meant. 

 That's okay though, because it gave me time to make some post cards and relax before heading out for the days drive.  Plus, I love the way rain and clouds enhance colors.  You can still sign up to receive postcards and artwork from the journey! http://betweenthepointsproject.blogspot.com//p/how-to-be-involved.html


Took a small detour to get gas and to try to check out the "Worlds Largest Weekly Flea Market"... too bad it's only open on weekends.  Must have been meant to be because I happened to run into a woman who attended UVM!  She saw my Vermont plates, and asked where I was from, and that she went to the University of Vermont.  When I told her about my project, Between the Points, and that I'm moving to British Columbia she asked if I was lost.  At that very moment, I was somewhat lost - but in the best way!


After a few more downpours, I made it to Nashville Tennessee - the capital of Tennessee and home of many music legends.  After pedaling around for an hour or so, I decided to stay the night, and leave Memphis for tomorrow.  Turns out a good friend of mine from High School is moving from Red Hook, NY to Seattle, WA... and she just so happened to be driving through Nashville at the same time!




Nashville was amazing - the only problem I had was deciding what establishment I wanted to hang out in.  Literally EVERY open door had incredible music pouring out of it.  It was a great problem to have. Once Ayla arrived we headed to Robert's Western World for some incredible music, with a stand up bassist and fiddle player to make you want to get up and dance.  We then headed over to Legends Bar on the top of the corner.  We ended up meeting someone from Red Hook... you can't make that  up.  I'm still baffled by it!




Nashville was all time - thanks for the great time, great people, and current headache.



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Pic's! You should have spent more time there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Anonymous: Oh, I know! It's a good thing I left when I did though, because Nashville flooded shortly after I got on the road! GREAT city though. I really enjoyed it, and I hope to be back there (for longer) soon.

      Delete